As an experienced dental technician you will be responsible for manufacturing dental appliances to an exceptional standard. You will be required to work independently within the laboratory to ensure specific requirements are met by the laboratory and clinic. It will be necessary, on occasions, for you to work within a clinical environment.
- Fabrication of dental appliances that meet laboratory and clinical standards.
- CAD/CAM workflows.
- Liaise with clinicians, when necessary, to discuss laboratory or clinical concerns on a case by case basis.
- Liaise with the laboratory manager and administrator to ensure a positive, productive and professional working environment including:
- Discussions regarding deadlines and how they can be met.
- Discussions regarding prescription requirements and how
they can be met.
- Assist and advise the laboratory administrator using relevant knowledge and offer guidance.
- Show flexibility by being able to pick up a co-workers role or cases
if they are absent.
- Ensure lab tickets are read and instructions followed precisely.
- Direct discussions with clinicians when instructions are missing or
more is needed.
- Be the point of contact on your assigned cases.
- Be competent in following technical laboratory procedures and implementing new ones.
- Train new and selected technicians in techniques that you excel at.
- Research and attend suitable training courses to further your skills and
to maintain CPD.
- Self-motivated and organised.
- High level of personal and professional presentation.
- Manual dexterity.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management.
- Team player.